December 17, 2016

Trump reality - Behind the Smoke Screen: What Reality-TV Veterans Think of Donald Trump’s Presidency

 “As a reality television producer, the situation is extra horrifying.”

He has created a character based on aspects of himself, but it’s a character. And citizens believe that character is capable, and it’s just frightening, because it’s a character.”

Though Jenkins had this behind-the-scenes intel, not even he could have predicted that the American people would vote a grandstanding reality-TV character into the presidency.

“I wish that I was that insightful and could have predicted that [voter] response,” Jenkins says. “I personally did have a pit in my stomach [during the election], because I think that we sometimes forget the enormous reach of celebrity and fame. And unfortunately, on his game show, he was presented or perceived as a competent, articulate business man.”

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment