March 23, 2014

Let's just be afraid of everything

Sure, we don't know what we don't know, but a large chunk of hysterics nowadays willfully ignores history and science and is all for show; all noise and blithering.

Imagine if the arguments and ideologies of today were dominant throughout the last 100 years:  we'd never have had proper sewage, vaccinations, antibiotics, pesticides, hardy crops (of all varieties), excess food stocks for an ever-growing global populace, safe surgery, organ transplants, etc. etc. Hell, we wouldn't even have toothpaste or sliced bread.
“Many times people ask me: ‘What do you think is the main danger of GM?’ ” Pusztai told Gene­Watch magazine. “And the danger is that we do not know what the main danger is.”

“I think this is an extremely dangerous experiment with our globe, with our Gaia, with our people,” says Pusztai, “and if you ask me what are the consequences, I can only say that I haven’t the faintest idea … I’m not saying that there is going to be a cataclysmic consequence of this. What I’m saying is that the cataclysmic thing about it is that we don’t know what is going to happen.”
Pity food fundamentalists starved of common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment