November 24, 2013

Not funny

“It’s real,” he said. “I’m quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!”

So says one of the surviving Python's about their threatened reunion. 


John Cleese has already done this, to unfunny effect - a one man performance, taken around the world, for which, I gather from reviews, Cleese did nothing more than stand on a stage to complain at length about having to do the show so as to pay alimony to one of his numerous ex-wives.  For this, real people paid real money. 

It does beg the question why any of them would still have a mortgage to pay off and why the public should now suffer these old men - flaunting the deserving rich syndrome is never a good look.

Bring out your dead - Monty Python reunite to pay off their mortgages

No comments:

Post a Comment